Think Radio Changes - Frequently Asked Questions
- We have heard from our listeners that they would value more news and information programming on MPB Think Radio.
- Because of our Music Radio channel, we are able to make this change without losing any hours of music programming. MPB Music Radio offers music 24 hours a day.
- This change allows us to satisfy the tastes of both our music fans and our news and information listeners.
What new shows can I expect to hear?
We’ve got a host of new shows. Some of our favorites are moving to new times or expanding their current broadcast time.
Here’s a snapshot of our changes:
10 a.m. – 11 a.m. – MPB will feature a second hour of programming hosted by Mississippians for a Mississippi audience. This hour will follow our current 9 a.m. block of local programming.
- Monday – NOW You’re Talking with Marshall Ramsey features Mississippi cartoon icon Marshall Ramsey.
- Tuesday – In Legal Terms breaks down the legal news of the day for a Mississippi audience.
- Wednesday – On Everyday Tech get answers to all your technology questions.
- Thursday – MPB’s Season Pass highlights your favorites in Mississippi sports.
- Friday – On Next Stop, Mississippi learn about the “can’t miss” events and destinations around our state.
- 11 a.m. – Fresh Air with Terry Gross moves to a new slot and will now air live each weekday.
- 12 p.m. – Here and Now with Robin Young will now broadcast for two hours each weekday afternoon.
- 2 p.m. – To the Point with Warren Olney moves to a new time slot.
- 8 p.m. – Q with Jian Ghomeshi is a new addition to MPB’s line-up. The fast-paced and upbeat arts, culture and entertainment magazine is hosted by Jian Ghomeshi, who boasts and vibrant on-air personality.
- 9 p.m. – On Point with Tom Ashbrook will air from 9 p.m. until 11 p.m. each week night.
All other currently airing news and information programs on Think Radio will remain in the same time slot. For a full schedule of MPB Think Radio programming, visit www.mpbonline.org/thinkradio.
Where can I listen to classical music?
We are fortunate to have an HD channel, MPB Music Radio, that allows us to air music 24 hours a day. It is designed for those who are passionate about Classical, Opera, Jazz and other music. MPB Music Radio is over 75% classical but also includes Jazz from WJSU, indie rock with World Café’, World of Opera, and much more.
A complete list of our programming on MPB Music Radio can be found at www.mpbonline.org/musicradio. Also, if you do not currently receive our programming guide, Fine Tuning, we will be happy to send you a complimentary copy so that you can see the schedule there.
You can access MPB Music Radio in many ways:
- At www.mpbonline.org
- Via our MPB Radio App, which is available for free from iTunes and Google Play.
From an HD radio. Tune to:
- Biloxi -- WMAH 90.3-2
- Booneville -- WMAE 89.5-2
- Bude -- WMAU 88.9-2
- Greenwood -- WMAO 90.9-2
- Jackson -- WMPN 91.3-2
- Meridian -- WMAW 88.1-2
- MS State -- WMAB 89.9-2
- Oxford -- WMAV 90.3-2
Where can I get an HD radio?
HD radios are available online and at most electronics stores for as little as $52.
What if I want to listen to Music Radio in my car?
Many cars come off the line today with HD radios built in.
If you do not have an HD radio in your car you can listen through MPB Radio app by connecting your smart phone to an auxiliary jack or Bluetooth function on your car radio.